2017 VARAC VINTAGE GRAND PRIX
Presented by VARAC, Featuring:
The Diamond Jubilee Formula Junior World Tour
& Historic Formula One Cars
Celebrating 1967, The Summer of
Love Fast, It Will Be Groovy!
June 15-18, 2017
Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
The Diamond Jubilee Formula Junior World Tour: The Vintage Automobile Racing Association of Canada is proud to have been selected to host the Canadian round of the 2017 Diamond Jubilee Formula Junior World Tour. This tour encompasses races in Europe, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa at famous tracks like Monza, Brands Hatch, Zandvoort and many more.
Masters Historic Racing: VARAC is excited to announce that the Historic Formula One cars will return to “Old Mosport” as part of the VARAC Vintage Grand Prix.
VARAC invites all vintage racers to join us at Mosport June 15 through 18, 2017. Three days of racing with lots of track time, special feature races for MG and Triumph, Formula Junior, Formula One, the VARAC Grand Prix and more.
VARAC is proud to be hosting our 38th Annual Vintage Racing Festival, entitled the 2017 VARAC VINTAGE GRAND PRIX.
As part of the event, we’ll be featuring the following exciting activities:
- 3 days of racing on the world famous Mosport Grand Prix Track at the Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
- NEW! – Masters Historic Racing – Formula One Cars
- NEW! – Formula Junior Diamond Jubilee event
- Stoneridge Specialty Insurance Worker Appreciation Feature Race
- Multiple Vintage Grids (grids based on entries)
- Classic Grid for G70+ and G90+ cars (cars built between 1973 and 1995)
- Monoposto Grid including Wings & Slicks
- MG & Triumph Challenge, including Simms Cup Trophy for MGs and Group 44 Inc. Trophy for Triumphs
- Optional Driver/Track Orientation on Test Day with coaching available
- Steam Whistle Paddock Tour and “Love In” on Friday Night
- “Psychadelic Saturday Supper” in the CTMP Conference Centre
- Mini Meet North in the infield all weekend long
- “Legends of Mosport Drivers’ & Racers’ Reunion” & meet with fans and media – Sunday
- “Field of Dreams Classic Car Show” infield Corner 8 – Sunday with parade laps
- Feature Races and Awards Presentation
Bringing a Racecar From Outside Canada?
We’ve got some helpful tips to make it smooth travelling.
To answer any questions or more information you can contact the VGP Director, Ted Michalos